• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory 4 wheel Disc

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not a GURU like some of you with the XJ but I am fairly familiar with it. I worked in AZ for Chrysler many years and never heard this:

Today I called local stealership while at work to get a quote on a part for a customer. While waiting on info to come in via the internet, I started small talk with the elderly parts guy i had on the phone. We were discussing the fact that i am currently doing a disc brake conversion on my 99 xj, he stated that a select few xj's from the model year 2001 has rear disc available. He said he thought that it was a specific option and had to be an upgrade (option) done by the dealer when you purchased a new xj in 2001. I've never heard of such...anyone? (I think he missed his coffee this morning)

maybe confusing it with a Liberty?

i work at advance auto, we list the rear brake pads for it. also, i list a few D44 parts for the front axle, listed as "export" i believe..... ne one roadtrippin to mexico w/ me? lol

mgreen84 said:
... upgrade (option) done by the dealer when you purchased a new xj in 2001...
That could be exactly like it is stated here...just like sunroofs on 97+ and the Rock Mountian editions...Some thing the dealers did to create an extra sale...Ive never heard of this but it could indeed be true.

Back