• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with dangling hose

ASJackman

NAXJA Forum User
I recently changed my transmission fluid, now I have a hose hanging and I have no idea where the end goes. There isn't any fluids dripping out. Is it a breather hose? The other end of the hose goes between the transmission and the transfer case, I can't see exactly what it connects to, hopefully the fitting on the end will be recognizable to someone. I'm afraid to drive with this not connected to anything. It's a 94 with NP231 TC and an auto transmission.
l_3a895f1c2932d6d9e6be32e2dea54d42.jpg

crasy1_69 said:
Looks like it could be the vent tube that normally attaches to one of the top bolts holding the tranny to the engine.

how did it get disconnected, the only bolts i took out were to the transmission drain pan and the bolt on the flexplate housing for the transmission dipstick.

Looks like the stock breather to me as well. Now is a good time to extend it up to the top of the firewall and place a fuel filter on top of it. You want to keep water out of it at all costs let alone dust.

Breather%20042.jpg

Back