• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arms comparison

rosco

NAXJA Forum User
I really like the design of the TnT (the idea of strengthening the unibody with thier crossmember and the high-clearance of the arms) What I don't know is how loud the joints are. Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Who all makes Long Arm upgrades and what are the best overall? This will be my DD for at least another year so on-road comfort/noise transmission is a big deal to me. What are the pros & cons of the different LA kits out there?

I've never thought of the TnT kit as loud and that's what I have. Course I also have 33" TSLs so my Jeep sounds like a low flying aircraft at speed.

If you are running Tnt Long arms you are probably running at least 5" of lift right? With that much lift you are at least running 33s or 35s right? With a tire that big why are you worried about noise? Get the kit that does the job right, and deal with the noise cause that way you know the control arms are keeping the axle where its suposed to be. Squishy smooth is over rated!

AARON

I would imagine most tires of the size you are probably running would be louder than whatever noise the TnT setup could make. Of course, I could be wrong.

If I had the cash for that setup and i found it noisy, I'd either turn up the stereo or learn to love it.

"Oh, that sound? That's the sound of freedom baby."

I installed the TnT kit about a month ago (had it in storage for a year) with RE 5.5 coils and like it. I haven't been offroad yet due to that fact I live in England and I have been really busy....excuses I know. But, I do drive about 35 miles daily on the worst roads I have ever seen with an average speed of about 55 mph (any faster and the tires leave the ground) and I have not noticed any "noise" from the joints.

As for drivetrain...it runs smooth. I used the TnT directions for the front pinion angle and in the rear I run RE 3.5's with a half inch block with 1.25 shackels and a 6 degree shim. Everything works well for me.

Back