• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ideas for rear bumper scratches...?

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
my xj's previous owner lived in the city and as a result, it has some battlescars on the body panels. the rear bumper has some scratches on it and i've been debating whether or not to leave them and forget about it, or repainting it black (my xj is patriot blue), or maybe getting a thing of black diamond plate and have it just cover it straight across. has anyone ever done that with the diamond plate?

i'm not sure where to pick up a piece that size where it won't be so much money, but it was just an idea and i figured someone on here might have input.

all in all i don't care that much, just thought it could look ok like that but otherwise i will probably just leave them and get use to it.

JrTxJ said:
i've been debating whether or not to leave them and forget about it, or repainting it black.

Good idea. If you are going to wheel your XJ, then don't worry about it. Spray paint can be done to look nice.

Rob $.02

i hope i don't get flamed for this, but i don't really wheel my xj! not yet anyway...i work in the city and it's pretty much a mall crawler sad to say.

Go to a dealership and see if you can get some touch-up paint to match. If the existing paint is not too faded, it should do just fine.

Most Auto Parts stores have paint and trim available to dress up just about everything too.

Les

PS: We have lots of Mall Crawlers, Web Wheelers, and Stockers that regularly visit. No problem ... Everyone has their own agenda.

JrTxJ said:
i hope i don't get flamed for this, but i don't really wheel my xj! not yet anyway...i work in the city and it's pretty much a mall crawler sad to say.

LBEXJ said:
We have lots of Mall Crawlers, Web Wheelers, and Stockers that regularly visit. No problem ... Everyone has their own agenda.

X2, it's the ones that are lifted and don't wheel that get flamed..lol.... At least you admitted it :)

Back