• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

buzzer module wiring - help!

Boulderitch

NAXJA Forum User
Long story short - the door/key/headlight... buzzer module (mounted on the side of the fuse panel) ... I need to know wiring / color codes.

[tab]
[4][3][2][1]
[8][7][6][5]

Pin 1 is green (power)
4 is white/brown
5 s-b empty

unplugged: white, black, blue/red, orange/black.

I need help putting these 4 back and I keep blowing fuse (#17).

Does anyone have diagram or access to the back of a buzzer module?

TIA!

BTW-'96 sport 4dr/4L/4x - however: mfg'd 9/96 so some parts/items are '97.

Some parts annoying, yes. I only want to disable pins 6 and 7 (door and key). For me, Pin 8 Headlights is a life saver. I almost always have them on and forgetting to turn them off kills batt pretty fast.

This is from a 95 FSM, showing connector C243. The top row is reversed from what you wrote. The wire colors are also different, but I doubt the actual pinout changed. I do know there are different part numbers and versions of the buzzer as some don't have both relays or buzzer inputs.

Perhaps you can figure out what's what with a meter. Checking the wires for voltage with the key on vs off should figure out the B+ voltage wire. Having that in the wrong place will pop the fuse.

---[tab]---
[1][2][3][4]
[8][7][6][5]

1: Light Green - Seat Belt Sense
2: Black - Ground
3: White - Park Brake Sense
4: White w/ Black Stripe - Fused Ignition Switch Output
5: n/c
6: Pink w/ Light Blue stripe - Courtesy Lamp Switch Output
7: Black with yellow stripe - Fused B+
8: n/c

Thanks lawsoncl -

Will try to extrapolate to XJ, but there are some major differences. Will let you know / post to this thread if anything pans out.

Would still like to hear from (94 - 98 ?) XJ person...

Does anyone know if Microsoft made the buzzer module???

Well I'm back to Square Number 1. I figured out wiring (thanks to lawsoncl). See breakdown below.

THE PROBLEM:
Still can't DISABLE door/key warning buzzer and KEEP the headlight buzzer.

(Clarification: If you're looking at the plug in for the module, the layout I'm using is
---[tab]---
[4][3][2][1]
[8][7][6][5]

What I've got now:
P1-(original-wasn't removed). Green/Power (illuminates test light when key is on)
P2-Blk :: /grnd
P3-white :: parking break
P4-wht/brwn :: Seat belt buzzer& Inst. lite
P5 & P8 - N/A
P6 & P7 - Pink/Blu / Orange-Black (interchangable).
Activates "Key in and door open" and "Key out, headlights on, door open" buzzers.
Swapping connections has no (audible) affect.

Either disconnected and neither Door nor Headlight warning buzzers work.

Result: Unable to disable key/door buzzer without killing Headlight buzzer.

Does anyone know how/if to disable door and keep headlight buzzer?

Just a few hours of daylight left... anybody?
Or maybe somebody should call "miller time".

This might help explain your problem. It's from the 95 FSM. I think you need to find and bypass the key switch itself.

95XJ_Buzzer_Diagram.jpg

Thanks again, cl. I'll look in to key switch. Everything's back together and back to normal (sigh).

Since seat belt warning (on pin 4) seems to operate independently, I may try moving P6 & P7 there to see if I can isolate headlights that way.

It's miller time...

I know I disabled the seat belt warning noise by unplugging its connector where it comes from the seat belt (under the carpet in the rear). You could try this instead of messing with the stuff on the fuse panel. Maybe the door switch is the same way...I did this because I removed the carpet and applied herculiner. I disconnected that, the e-brake warning and the 4WD shifter light. I never liked any of those functions (I am going to reconnect the e-brake on warning underneath the vehicle.) This was before I removed the buzzer module outright. My XJ is early 1996 built in Nov. 1995, delivered to prev. owner Jan. 1996 and mine, July 4 2001. 5 happy years.

Back