• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear leaf springs

Prowler

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have any spring recommends that will hold MORE weight and stop the sagging?
Should I just wait for when I get a REAL lift on it? If so how could I make the rear end stronger to hold more weight?

you could add another main leaf from an XJ cherokee pack to your existing pack for some additional weight handling... it may make your jeep looked jacked up til you get a lift, but it does help with saggin and towing...

try quadratec HD leafs $150 and cut eyes off the old main leaf, front poly spacers $ 40pair

WERBSEN said:
Air shocks

That's what I did. Relocated the shock mounts on the axle and got air shocks for a 95 F-150 since they were the longest I could find. They don't make air shocks for lifted applications unfortunately. I routinely haul around 8-900 pounds worth of crap in the back for work so it save's my leaves from getting de-arched as quickly

I just replaced the whole rear suspension on my XJ.I got HD leafs and Off Road shocks.It brought the rear up about 1 1/2".I havent tow anything with it yet but its pretty stiff.

I just added a leaf to the rear spring packs and got the rear back up where it should be and I used springs from a V8 Grand Cherokee to lift the front. The combo worked so well that is all the adjustments I had to make.

After going through two sets of 4" leaf springs in three years, I said enough is enough. I saw what old_man was running and he got them from here http://www.bigoffroad.com/vendors/bigoffroad/index.htm

It took 5 weeks to get them since they are Alcan springs made custom for Bigs and these things are huge and heavy. I'm not going to sag any time soon.

If you want cheap, keep going the way you are and you'll keep flattening out springs. If I would have gotten these in the first place I would have saved a lot of money and time.

If you are a serious wheeler, forget about the add a leaf, dicken with stock springs and JY bastard springs and get something that's going to last.

Back