• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant find by searching more than 2 hrs

vette75406

NAXJA Forum User
do you have to remove the tone ring from a grand cherokee axle shaft in order for it to work in a non abs application, GC is a 97 model , axle shaft is for the left hand drivers side , going into a drivers side of a 89 model xj d30, i have a new unit bearing for the 89 model to install onto the shaft as i understand they are different as well , please help , thanks

I know that the axel shafts from an ABS w/ tone ring will work w/out removing the ring, so I would assume that a GC shaft should work as well.

Rob

the gc shafts will only work with the 90 and later hubs as i found out today , the early hub has a seal that rides on the outer stub shaft , the later hub is a sealed unit and does not ride on the hub once the tone ring is removed the seal does not touch the the stub shaft in order to seal out the water and mud so hub failure would happen very quickly , i had to go to the salvage yard and pull another axle today and it wound up having to have a ujoint as well so im doa again till monday

Back