• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok need some opinions

souske

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone been lurking around here for a bit and finally got up a good excuse to post. i rolled my 96 xj a few weeks back, and am trying to decide where to go form here.
option 1: buy a new jeep at low cost (bad engine, etc)
option 2: try to cut off old roof and and add one from a donor vehicle

In the current one i have replaced the motor with a rebuilt unit from mopar, and recently replaced the rear leafs with RE, the rustys that came on it looked like this W
here is a picture of the carnage
shinysideup.jpg

any other suggestions welcome. sorry if i posted in the wrong section

CHOP CHOP!
I had a local friend/shop owner fab on a windshield frame from one I cut off a junk yard XJ. It holds a factory windshield well. that uniboby will be taco'd from the roll over. When our roof was 2 cuts from off, it went BOING! There was alot of stored energy in the body. To weld a new COMPLETE top back on would be one tough job, at least if you want the doors to work properly. And it would still need a cage.

JUST CHOP IT and dont worry about body damage anymore.
Here the before and after of ours. :cheers:

YES, IT WAS a 4 door

100_2398.bmp
100_2400.bmp
100_2490.bmp
100_2491.bmp
100_2498.bmp
100_2499.bmp

Depending on milage/condition it may be easier to buy another. Can't see much of the damage from the pic. Rust wise, she looks pretty clean though. If your good at bodywork, the roof replacement is possibile, just very time consuming. Looks like it might of bent some doors though. Or just consider her broken in! Jack the roof out w/your highlift, wheel the sh#t out of her and pretend it never happened. LOL.

Back