• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new pitman arm for RE 4.5"???

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
I'm half way through the install of my RE lift on my 94 xj. I finished the rear and will be moving onto the front tomorrow. Will i need a new pitman arm since the kit doesnt come with one? or will the components included in the lift be all i need reguarding the steering...thanks in advance
-billy

im running the same lift, and u wont need a new pitman, just extend ur draglink when its done to straighten out ur steering wheel or better yet get an alignment.

Yeah i just did a 4.5 on my 98 and it didn't come with a pitman arm but looked like alot of stress on it so i put in a drop pitman and an adjustable track bar

billyjp2 said:
I'm half way through the install of my RE lift on my 94 xj. I finished the rear and will be moving onto the front tomorrow. Will i need a new pitman arm since the kit doesnt come with one? or will the components included in the lift be all i need reguarding the steering...thanks in advance
-billy

You don't need a drop pitman arm. I have the RE 5.5 and it works fine with the stock pitman arm. The 4Wheelparts store where I bought the lift kit from told me I would need one. They sold me a Skyjacker drop pitman arm. When I installed it, I had fairly bad bumpsteer, I put the stock one back one and all was well. The only thing that matters is that the draglink and trackbar are parrallel.

See pics on page 3.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397243&page=3

Last edited:
Back