• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

misfiring problem...injector circuit open

OCMI_Teddy

NAXJA Forum User
Backround info: I have a 96 XJ SE 2WD with 205k miles on it. About 3-4k ago I did a 2000 intake swap, but I used older style injectors. My engine has been running hot lately about 220-230 if I don't put the heat on, and I have hood vents installed.

Problem: My XJ began to run rough and my CEL came on I checked it out with a OBDII scanner and pulled codes "P0205 injector circuit open cylinder 5", "P0300 random\multiple cylinder misfire", and "P0305 cylinder 5 misfire". This was 5 days ago. This morning I got 10 codes. Every cylinder had misfired at one point, and cylinders 1,2,5,6 had injector open circuit codes. I've checked my wire harness and don't see any visible damage. The injectors are only 4k old and have run flalessly all that time. Any suggestions would be extremly helpful.:helpme:

Last edited:
Back