• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smAshley's maiden run & other HDR info

Will you be attending

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lady XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it is that time of year again and Mike R. has, yet again, agreed to lead the Afton Canyon run on Sunday during the Cal4Wheel event of HDR.

Ashley is FINALLY going to get to wheel that Jeep of hers at HDR, thanks to Robert P., Mike R. and so MANY other awesome people that helped make her Jeep what it is today, I can never thank all of you enough!

If you are interested in the Afton Run, please email me at [email protected], we leave from main camp Sunday AM, usually at 10 AM (I forgot to ask Mike what time we were taking off, sorry). All details will be sent via e-mail by Wednesday night.

We are also setting up a mini-camp just outside of HDR's main camp. If you are not going to run the HDR organized runs and did not register no worries, you do not need to register for Afton Canyon, it is NOT run or organized by Cal4Wheel.

Any questions, please just email me or Mike R.

Have a safe Memorial Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana and I will be there in our YJ. We should arive saturday morn about 8AM to camp. We will be staying in barstow at the motel and possibly leaving the YJ and trailer in camp for security purposes, seeing that last year Mike got broke in to and 3 of 4 friends jeeps there last month got broken into in the motel parking lot.

Leep said:
Is there a campground there, I will drive the RV up and tote the xj behind. I need to do I little schedule arranging but It may work.
its not a actuall camp ground you can camp with the group for hdr basicly in the main area for free like most people for the afton run did last year. but it is dry camping

I am so over large events. We can go wheel another day. ;)

-C

to quote MJR's message to socalxj about time and place to meet:

"Von's parking lot 1270 E. Main St., Barstow, CA 92311 meeting at Sunday 8am leaving at 8:30am and heading to Basin Road. We were later than that last year and would like to better this year."

Are you going to fly the flag in our camp again this year Santa? LOL You're the landmark LOL I think we need to find a back route for you to Afton! Maybe over the tops of the hills? <maybe>
4xSanta said:
I will be there for HDR but I am still undecided about that long pavement drive to afton canyon with my trailer queen........SANTA

Lady XJ said:
Are you going to fly the flag in our camp again this year Santa? LOL You're the landmark LOL I think we need to find a back route for you to Afton! Maybe over the tops of the hills? <maybe>
I think my YJ can keep up with his XJ so if theres a back route Im in for it over freeway driving. I think i figured out where my vibes were coming from so that would make it nicer of a ride than it was to big bear 45 mph made a slow ride down the 15

Last edited:
Gerr said:
I think my YJ can keep up with his XJ so if theres a back route Im in for it over freeway driving. I think i figured out where my vibes were coming from so that would make it nicer of a ride than it was to big bear 45 mph made a slow ride down the 15
At this time I'm going to keep Afton Canyon in mind but I would probly trailer up to the trail head and head home after the run,but it depends on a couple of things. And yes I will have the Canadian flag flying high at Lady XJ camp but I won't be arriving untill late friday night(juryrigjlopy graduates from OCC friday afternoon and I will leave after that) see ya there........SANTA

would love to go, but piss poor broke again this weekend. Just put on the rockrails and the rear locker is comin' in two weeks...so she's almost ready =)

next year fer certain!

I would like to go but need a few more details. Is this run between barstoe and victorville? so why meetm in barstow and backtrac?

So what kind of wheelin is Afton Canyon.... i searched and found a few pics.... is it more of a scenic run than something technical?

for us noobs, what/when is HDR?

Im going to be theresat and sun. if you do a HDR run you can get some pretty cool trails in but you have to pay and pass inspection. Ill most likely be just checking out the area messing around with a few others on saturday and sunday afton canyon is a senic make the wife happy run.

Back