• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

15X10?

ktilcu

NAXJA Forum User
Just got my hands on some 15X10 wheels and i wanted to know if you guys thought they were too big to run 33's on? I heard handling would be affected greatly... if they are too big should i go with 15X8's?

40 - 50 miles a day on road. I wheel once or twice a month. And it's fl so nothing extreme. The 33's would be 12.5 in width. And i have 4.5 inches of lift.

12.5" wide tire you should be good airing your tires down to 13/14

I'm 13.5" wide and air mine down to around 11 PSI and only had the tire unseat on me once and there was some serious sidewall pressure on it.

mikes offroad said:
Are you running 13.5's on a 8" or 10" rim? Reason I'm asking is I can get a set of bfg rock krawlers 35x13.5 but I only have 8" rims.

13.5" wide claws on 10" wide rims, but 8" wide rims on those Krawlers would work nicely.

ktilcu said:
What about on road handling as it is my DD?

I'm a bad example for ride quality... My tires are 37X13.5 on 6.5" on lift with short arms & drop brackets. I daily drive a WJ. Me down ther...

Picture taken by HeavyMetal himself.

IMG_4605.jpg

some one had told me that 15X10 on 33's would cause the tire to balloon and cause what he had said was like bump steer. but i thought that 33's would be a good size for 10 inch wide rims.

In my experience, a tire that wide will ride much nicer on the wider rim. Had 33x12.5's on a old blazer mounted on 8's, it was quite a handful to drive exspecialy while pulling a trailer. switched to 10's, and it seemed better than stock. The thing would start swaying at about 50MPH, but with the wider rims, 70MPH was no problem. Figured it widened the track out helping stability. This would probably require some triming though, depending on your lift.

The wide wheels will make the sidewall stiffer, giving a more precise on road feel, (you will feel everything including the bad stuff like bumpsteer ) and stand a good chance of rolling the bead if you air down very much,,,I run my 33's on 8" wheels with pressure sometimes below 10psi with no problems so far.

Tht's what i thought... I figured the guy was kinda a pansy cause he wants his jeep to drive like a caddy with no bumps or what have you but just wanna make sure...

Back