• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sadie creek

Brian Strickland

NAXJA Forum User
what a nightmare, i ran it yesterday with some friends and it was the trail from hell. the tightest trail i have ever seen with some very steep off camber muddy hillclimbs. you really need a winch for this one. even sliders helped alittle, but body damage is unavoidable, unless you have a samauri or bobed yota. what made it worse was the outlet was unpassable, dug out culvert with a washed out creek. we had to run it again just to get out. spent about 7 hours for a trail that is less than 2 miles each way. it rained the whole time and then we got fog fogged in, my friends winch remote cable caught on fire, that was bizarre and then a tree fell over the trail right in front of us. i discourage anyone from running this trail unless it is you don't care how dented and bashed your rig gets. i didn't get any pics but there's a pretty good write up on 4x4 network with pics. it a dnr trail out past joyce on the olypen.

there will be major body damage, it's unavoidable.i'm lucky i've still got my windows. the trail is cool, but you have to run it there and back for a round trip of only 3.5 miles roughly. it took us at least 7 hours. we had my xj on 33's, a friends yj on 35's and a fj-40 on 37's. all of us have winches def required gear. sliders, stout bumpers lockers also will save you. i only have front+rear trutracs and i did allright. we all got stuck on the same hills. locals around here don't really use it because it's so tight. people are always breaking down in there.

Brian Strickland said:
there's a pretty good write up on 4x4 network with pics.

Can you post a link?
I couldn't find any info on it.

Thanks,
Michael

Back