• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget Beef Steering?

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
I got about $200 and was thinking about buying an Adj. trac bar. I know JKS makes a nice one but wanted you guys input or input on something else i could fo to help strengthen my steering setup??? thanks.

tie rod off of a V8 ZJ. Its a bolt in replacement and stronger.

Tie Rod - DS1312
Adjuster Sleeve - ES2079S
Tie Rod End - ES3096L

I think the part numbers are Moog. Any shop should be able to cross refference them.

Cherokeekid88 said:
I got about $200 and was thinking about buying an Adj. trac bar. I know JKS makes a nice one but wanted you guys input or input on something else i could fo to help strengthen my steering setup??? thanks.

I'm not sure I understand how a new track bar is going to strengthen your steering. If you have bumpsteer issues then perhaps a good adjustable track bar could help, but otherwise I do see any improvement.

On the other hand a "big daddy" heavy duty tie rod for $72 will deffinately strengthen your steering.

I'm happy with my Black Diamond adj track bar ($125).

Back