• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a great mechanic in Pomona area

craigincali

NAXJA Forum User
I need a great mechanic. I dont need anyone in the "offroad" scene, just a bitchin' jeep engine guy. I looked in the SoCal places to know thread but no one had a engine mechanic. Any suggestions would help!

Craig

craigincali said:
I need a great mechanic. I dont need anyone in the "offroad" scene, just a bitchin' jeep engine guy. I looked in the SoCal places to know thread but no one had a engine mechanic. Any suggestions would help!

Craig

What specifically you are looking for as a mechanic ? A friend of mine is the head person at a shop in Rancho Cucamonga. They are a full service reapair shop, and no they don't specalize in wiper blades and batteries, evern tho they sell them.

Indeed, knowing what you need is key here; it may be that one of us can save you paying for a mechanic.

pm pottenger.

hes THE engine guyand he is in west covina.

I have a really bad oil leak, cant figure out where its comming from. Jepp starts sometimes, sometimes doesnt (acts like it needs a CPS), other minor things like PS pump.

I want someone to find the leak and fix it, fiure out the starting problem adn fix it etc..

Mike Rollins at Tuttle Click in Irvine.

More than worth the drive.

The non starting problem sounds like a CPS. As far as the oil leak it could be a few different things. Pan gasket, rear man, oil filter assy, valve cover gasket. I would clean it really well and let it run for a bit to see where it is coming from.

As far as a mechanic, these are all fairly easy fixes, just need the gaskets to fix all the leaks. I am sure for a few cold ones and some pizza, it will get fixed. I have a lift the we can get under it fairly easily, but you need to determine where the leaks are coming from. If you wanted to change all the gaskets it could be done in an afternoon.

I am crossing my fingers that it will start on Wed so I can take it to work. There I can pressure wash the underside and motor to clean it up and see where it is leaking.

Once I find that leak I will make up my mind what to do. Leep thanks for the offer, careful I just might take you up on it!

Craig

Does it crank, or is there nothing when you hit the key? If it doesn't even turn over, and it's an automatic, it's probably the nss. Move the gear selector from park to neutral while holding the key in the start position.

As for the oil leak, there's 3 things, oil filter housing (new orings), rear main seal, and valve cover gasket. If you drop the pan and it's an older one, get a 95 or new 1 piece neoprene gasket to put it back together with. You can drive the old rear main out with a brass rod. Use something soft so you don't scratch the crank.

craigincali said:
I am crossing my fingers that it will start on Wed so I can take it to work. There I can pressure wash the underside and motor to clean it up and see where it is leaking.

Once I find that leak I will make up my mind what to do. Leep thanks for the offer, careful I just might take you up on it!

Craig

No worries, I would rather stand on my feet than lay on my back. I am sure that everyone would agree. Just get what you need to fix it and bring her up.

Mine used to do the same thing with starting and I discovered the the CPS plug was loose. It would quit running, stall studder, flop, and just plain piss me off until one day when I installed a switch for the AC fan I noticed that the plug was loose.

Let me know, and cold good beer is my first choice.

BTW - how much of a lift do you have ?

Here is the story: It a 1987 XJ
It cranks really hard wants to start, just doesnt turn over. Has good fuel pressure. I check for spark at the coil nothing... Get in again try it again and it starts, no problem. Never pops, stalls nothing. Sometimes rough idel. Turn it off for a few hours get in, no start agian. We play this game all the time....I am sooooo tired of it!

I am assuming it is the CPS. I am not a mechanic nor do I pretend to be one.

It has a 6 inch lift Leep. Any specific brand of gasket better than others??

craigincali said:
Here is the story: It a 1987 XJ
It cranks really hard wants to start, just doesnt turn over. Has good fuel pressure. I check for spark at the coil nothing... Get in again try it again and it starts, no problem. Never pops, stalls nothing. Sometimes rough idel. Turn it off for a few hours get in, no start agian. We play this game all the time....I am sooooo tired of it!

I am assuming it is the CPS. I am not a mechanic nor do I pretend to be one.

It has a 6 inch lift Leep. Any specific brand of gasket better than others??

felpro gaskets

Back