• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

use 1001 for that "cubby hole" in the rear

SeansBlueXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I couldnt take it any more, that space was wasted. And I have seen some HACKY things for sale to use it. So for about $8 I got some of thoes nylon wire straps that you use to secure wires with a screw and 8' of some shock (bungie) cord. With some help from my local yatchsman for netting Matt (egon), I had this.

100_0548-1.jpg

thats some fine knott tying you have there, and the new storage space ain't to shabby either.

I plan on removing that panel and placing a custom woofer box there, i hate to lose cargo space with a woofer, and that space isnt being used for anything else in my jeep.

And that is a sweet little mod, i dig it.

Well a sub was never apealing to me, and i always shoved things there adn they didnt stay so... thought this up. I do want to add a 12v power port there also so i could charge various things while they were in my cargo. that;s the next time im feelin ambitious.

TrueBlueXJ said:
Looks like something that should've been there all along.

Thanks, that was the idea. Just wish they had black cord, but it was a boating store and that's all they had.

Not as factory apperance, but very inventive use of the space all the same!

There's not much left on my XJ that's factory:scottm:
Now I need to fab a cover to keep the beans from rolling in there!

Hey, it's better then some rip off diamond plate.

I've got a small piece of aluminum strap across the center of mine and a nice little handy and very important first aid kit easily accesible behind it. Just an idea, everyone should have one.

Happy wheelin

Back