• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I'M ONE OF "THEM"!!!

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
I couldn't help it. :cry: I really didn't have too much of a choice after this...

DSC05286.jpg

DSC05285.jpg

The impact took out the drivers door, inside and out including the window. It also got the fender, hood, suspension components and the "chassis" above and behind the wheel well.
I didn't want a new car, especially a car payment. I guess the bright side is I didn't get my ticket punched. Another second and it could have been ugly. It did do a bit of a number on my left shoulder, though. Bruised pretty well, enough that after a month I think I'm going to go have it checked out.

In my defense, I shopped until my brain exploded, well, what there was left of it after the '80s.

DSC05595.jpg

DSC05591.jpg

I'm not going over to the dark side, though. No coffee cam exhaust tip, ground effects, neon or blue lights on the windshield wipers or non of the rest of that crap.
Go easy on me, I promise to keep the rice swept off of the driveway and away from the XL and MJ.
:D

I am totally DISCUSTED!

You make me sick.....

:puke:

Rice burners..........:nono:

You should have asked, I got an old pinto wagon I could have hooked you up with!!

:D

Rick

Take it back RIGHT NOW and get a GT V6. That thing is just about as quick as a G35/350Z, but way less coin! :)

In your defense, my favorite off-road rig so far was my '89 Montero. That was a great truck. I think they make good cars.

I daily drive a Honda Accord, there's nothing wrong with imports, they help save money on gas... that can then be used for Jeep mods!

xL8 APEKSx said:
Take it back RIGHT NOW and get a GT V6. That thing is just about as quick as a G35/350Z, but way less coin! :)

It is the GT...6 speed too. :D
I'm thinking the first set of tires are going to go quick. It chirps 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm not sure about 5th.

Bent said:
I'm thinking the first set of tires are going to go quick. It chirps 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and I'm not sure about 5th.
Need me to find out?

Nice rice...I mean ride. You want to race for slips?

what happened tim? Were you out for a Senior Citizen's Sunday drive?

Did they throw in a jar pickles to close the deal?
Damn, your secret weakness for pickles is getting out!
:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Nothing wrong with that. Other than it's a cast iron block, and not a Honda. :)

I went wheeling yesterday at Bronco Peak with KH and MikeG, and today, I was spinning my Civic Si through the lights at Autocross down at Qualcomm stadium. I had a good weekend. The Si gets 30 give or take a couple mpg based on how I drive it. To give myself credit, the Jeep door did run over it when my son let go the ebrake and pulled it out of park. :( Nice gouge in the hood of an otherwise very clean 91 Si.

Mark

I rode shotgun in a lotus elise in a Autocross there a little while ago.

IslanderOffRoad said:
I daily drive a Honda Accord, there's nothing wrong with imports, they help save money on gas... that can then be used for Jeep mods!

My g/f's 01 accord gets 4-6 mpg more than my XJ on 35's does.

After insurance, it would be a net loss.

I know that you're a Mopar guy and Mitsubishi has had an association with Chrysler for many, many years so, you didn't really stray too far----------Hans

cal said:

???

V6? Heavy on throttle?

Just curious, a 4cyl Honda *should* get good mileage!

PS, Tim - When can I drive over it?

cal said:

My 06 4cyl 5spd pulls 30mpg avg.

My XJ gets about 15

Bent said:

Nice!

I mess around with imports as well, much more than the 4x4 stuff. My daily driver is a 1995 Volvo 940 that runs 13's. :)

I have also had a slew ov VW/Audi/Porsche cars (I used to race a 944)...not too long ago I had another Corrado VR6, and I came up on a "new" Eclipse GT before I knew how much horsepower they made.

This Corrado was just a stock VR6 w/ chip, cams and exhaust...not super fast, but good for solid 14's. I had just smoked a new WRX on the freeway and was feeling peppy. lol.

So I pull up on this GT V6 w/ exhaust...go from a stop...even through 1 and 2...3rd gear, though, where I usually pull away, he walks away from me with ease and room to spare. I was pretty surprised! Nice engine.

xL8 APEKSx said:
Nice!

I mess around with imports as well, much more than the 4x4 stuff. My daily driver is a 1995 Volvo 940 that runs 13's. :)

I have also had a slew ov VW/Audi/Porsche cars (I used to race a 944)...not too long ago I had another Corrado VR6, and I came up on a "new" Eclipse GT before I knew how much horsepower they made.

This Corrado was just a stock VR6 w/ chip, cams and exhaust...not super fast, but good for solid 14's. I had just smoked a new WRX on the freeway and was feeling peppy. lol.

So I pull up on this GT V6 w/ exhaust...go from a stop...even through 1 and 2...3rd gear, though, where I usually pull away, he walks away from me with ease and room to spare. I was pretty surprised! Nice engine.

The new GT is only supposed to run 14.4 stock.

Does he still get to keep his name in red?????

Nice ride! Have fun! (oh wait, it sounds like you already are!)
Cherokid

Cherokid said:
Does he still get to keep his name in red?????

Nice ride! Have fun! (oh wait, it sounds like you already are!)
Cherokid

I've already turned in the request to have it changd to pink.

Back