• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

xj project

xtimmax

NAXJA Forum User
A few days ago i got my 87 xj. I have began to take it apart get it cleaned up. Here are some photos to show my progress so far.

This is the day it was dropped off.

This is my progress so far.

I am using this for my high school project and am now looking to piece together about a 3-4 inch lift. I dont have alot of money so the cheaper the better.

Give me about a week and I will have an S-10 setup for your rear without the mains...If you want them. You can grab them and the stereo at the same time. BTW, it looks like you've got a great start going...don't lose your momentum. Keep it up!

Cowboydoc said:
Give me about a week and I will have an S-10 setup for your rear without the mains...If you want them. You can grab them and the stereo at the same time. BTW, it looks like you've got a great start going...don't lose your momentum. Keep it up!

Cowboy, just let me know when you have it all ready, tim and I will come get it on a weekend. He will drive there, I will sleep on the way...I am going to PAP in ontario tomorrow and see what is there as far as the things he needs to get it running.

Thanks for you help

Dennis

Not a problem guys..Everyone on here has been super cool to me...ya gotta spread the love, ya know. I should have everything dissasembled and ready to go by next Saturday...if that works for you. While you are at the PAP, if you see any good inner door panels, or if you know anyone who is good at bending sheet aluminum (preferred) let me know.

Cowboydoc said:
Not a problem guys..Everyone on here has been super cool to me...ya gotta spread the love, ya know. I should have everything dissasembled and ready to go by next Saturday...if that works for you. While you are at the PAP, if you see any good inner door panels, or if you know anyone who is good at bending sheet aluminum (preferred) let me know.

Ok I didnt go with my dad to PAP so i dont know what he saw. I will let him know though. I will talk to him aswell to see what hes doing next saturday.
Thanks

Oh btw, after my dad got back from PAP we put on the new parts, charged up the battery, and it started right up.

Gerr said:
I told ya it was a runner :)

Thought I gave ya some junk :tears:

No, i knew it would run. I just didnt think it would start up that easily. Now I'm real excited to get it on the trail.

Cowboydoc said:

I am not sure what my calendar has schedued but if not we could be there pretty early. I was not looking at tom many door panels but I think there were a few. What were you looking for specifically, I can take a run there early next week and see.

Gerr said:
I told ya it was a runner :)

Thought I gave ya some junk :tears:

Oh no, I knew that it would run. Has good oil pressure, temp never got over 190, volt meter is at 13.8 and it has 3/4 tank of fuel. Oh, and tim did all the work when I was at the fair watching my dotter get awards for her 4H animals

Now I need to get a wench and some tow straps to pull tim out of places that we will get stuck in...hehehe

He needs to start saving his summer $$$ to get is lift.

Thanks guys for all your help.

I got the jeep out of the shop and in the yard. here are some more pics of the progress.

havent done much to the outside besides new wheels and tires, bumbers (thanks to jjmat3) and some new mirrors

I got the interior almost put back together and will post some pics once I take some

btw I am fixing this up as part of my senior project am always looking for parts. If you have anything you think I might need let me know.

will do

Back