• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5 XDLA kit.....

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for opinions, reviews, pics and whatever else you can tell me about the 5.5" re long arm kit. is it of good quality? ground clearance? performance? trying to decide on what kit to buy, its either the re 5.5 drop bracket kit, re la kit, or 6" full traction, maybe tnt kit if it comes down to it but ide like to save some cash so i can afford gears. will be running 33x12.5" bighorns. how bad is the welding required to install the kit? are the skid plates decent?

My 5.5" XDLA kit just came in the UPS truck yesterday. I haven't installed it yet, but everything looks plenty beefy! Excellent build quality! I got mine off of an eBay RE dealer. $1845 w/free shipping, shocks, and a t-shirt! Best deal I could find around here was $1895 w/free shocks. I live on the east coast, and it shipped from California in 5 days.:yelclap:

nice, i would like to hear about any ground clearance issues, i like the full traction kit but the lower control arms hang down pretty far, like wise with the drop bracket kit. basicly its a toss up between the RE and TNT long arm kit. im sure the tnt has the most clearance with the bent arms though.

RE has a awsome reputation EXCEPT for their XJ LA kit!I would look at TNT or some of the others!

I just got done installing this on my MJ (RE says it cant be done without extensive fab work, yeah, whatever!!). Its a little infuriating actually. The only hard part is lining up (and you better make damn sure you line them up right!!) the brackets that the control arms, skid, and inner framerail pinchweld nutstrips mount to. I dont care how much care and effort you put into installing them, you have to completely torque down th einner framerail nutstrips, and it causes a slight misalignment of the brackets, which in turn makes it VERY difficult to mount the skid afterwards. I was lucky enought to be in a shop with floor mounts and a chain, because it was off by about 1/4 inch each side where the flush mounted allen heads go into the brackets through the skid (two per side). Other than that, I like the kit!!

The brackets Im talking about are the ones above the skid, these are before the brackets are installed that mounts from the frame brackets to the outer body pinch welds.(and before removal of original control arm brackets, for a reference)

47b7db38b3127cce8496c409d7ef00000026108AauW7Jm5ZtT

47b7db38b3127cce8496c489d76f00000026108AauW7Jm5ZtT

47b7db38b3127cce8496e03dd7c900000026108AauW7Jm5ZtT

As it sits now, awaiting completion

47b7db38b3127cce84960ebcd73f00000026108AauW7Jm5ZtT

Back