• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

single-row alum radiator review

ratman572

NAXJA Forum User
I just wanted to post-up some results after installing a new single row aluminum radiator in my '91 4.0 XJ.

I was reluctant to go with a single row, but from what I saw, the width of the tubes is more like the thickness of a 2-1/2 row (wide tubes). It works way beyond my expectations. I tried getting it hot the other day when it was 83 degrees out and had the AC maxxed out, and the hottest it would get on the gauge was 210 with a 180 thermostat, -and that was without running the electric fan and sitting in stop and go traffic.

It is made by Koyorad. The only downfall to the installation was that the filler neck (where the pressure cap screws on) slightly interferes with the front of the airbox (a little dremel work resolved that), -but other than that, it installed without a hitch.

I have to say that I am very impressed by the performance of this radiator. It was also reasonably priced at $77.

Granted, I got a really good deal (my friend gets stuff for me at cost), but I would have paid more for it, -especially if I knew it was going to work this good

This is one product that scores a 9 out of 10 in my book. Anyone needing a radiator should definitely consider this one, -and not be at all concerned that it is a single row.:thumbup:

Back