• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new shackle install.

JUSTCRAWLIN92

NAXJA Forum User
So i just installed the tnt shackles, last night and drove it to work. There is a poping sound when driving, come to find out the rear leafs are twisting and one of the leafs is making contact with the shackle, I was thinking that i could loosein up the leaf pack clamps and bend them to make the leafs stay togeather and in line so the wont make contact with the shackles.
My question is, has anyone ran in to this problem and with that take care of the problem.:dunno:

if your leafs are that loose, maybe you should check your center pin and U-bolts....?

The shackle bolts are too tight. Thats common. I had it happen to me too. Loosen them up a bit and lock tite them.

CSaddict said:
The shackle bolts are too tight. Thats common. I had it happen to me too. Loosen them up a bit and lock tite them.
And what does that have to do with the leaves "fanning" out?

I noticed when mine were tight and the main leaf would bind it would unload all at once and the pack would shift.

Back