• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

whats the diff

stimulatechamind

NAXJA Forum User
another thing i was just wondering is the 242 transfer case has 2h.4h.4 full. 4lo whats the diff between 4 full and 4 low or 4h? thanks and sorry for the newbie question i was just reading diffrent post and it got me thinking :laugh:

I believe 4 Full is like AWD.....but hell, I'm probably wrong....lol....I have a 231...

The 2 different "4 HI" positions allow you to switch between having the front and rear driveshafts "locked" together (like a 231), or what works like a "differential" inside the transfer case that allows you to use 4WD on dry pavement like an AWD car..

bfred said:
The 2 different "4 HI" positions allow you to switch between having the front and rear driveshafts "locked" together (like a 231), or what works like a "differential" inside the transfer case that allows you to use 4WD on dry pavement like an AWD car..

o ok cool, now i get what your saying thanks... sorry for the stupid question but im learning :clap:

Back