• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out this custom work

did you just post this so people could bash it???:sure:

xjkevin said:
did you just post this so people could bash it???:sure:

No thats not my intent I was just hopeing people would look at this and know what not do do because it is very unsafe.. Im not trying to bash anyone look at the post I left to him Just hope people talk some sense into him

The uneducated praise from people on that site makes me sad. :( Seems like a lot of those guys don't have much idea of what they're really looking at.

vetteboy said:
The uneducated praise from people on that site makes me sad. :( Seems like a lot of those guys don't have much idea of what they're really looking at.
I was a bit surprised with how much everyone loved it. I didn't have the heart to bash on anything. I could only compliment his reinforcement on the 30 housing since he was set on running the 30.
I think the rest of the guys are impressed with it being the biggest MJ they've seen, which some people like. To each their own.
PingPong and Dirty addressed some issues on it, but tried to put it as positive criticism. It's especially difficult to criticize on CC with the 1st rule being "be friendly," but there are alot of knowledgable people on the board, and everyone is trying to help, even if it is the "uneducated" complimenting what looks good in their minds.

I guess I've hung out at Pirate for too long, as I saw a lot of scary things. The owner did mention that some stuff was temporary and a work in progress. But still... And I can't say much as I haven't fabbed diddly yet, yet. But what I recall from friends I've had from Georgie, thats how they roll..... Hey didn't build it for rocks or he would have built it lower and cut the fenders. My experience, mud can be just as hard on axles as rocks. 36s on a D30? He'll get good at axle changing.

"Like...Ohh my god...look at her butt...Its so big"

You know EXACTLY what I am saying! Or maybe you were trying to keep people safe..huh..No Offense (ok, yes...offense), but why do I find this negative crap here at naxja more than any other offroad forum? If you really think your helping others this way, you need to take a step back and examine yourself. There are other ways.

Last edited:
Even if he does fix all the work he has done, he'll learn the hardway that that setup wont last long(axles + tires). Once again, to each is his own.

looks like he broke a rear driveshaft:D

The AlfredsXJ custom Xmember is the only thing beefy :wierd:

one, looks like hes trying atleast.
thats more than i can say for some people.

and this was from the thread on the website "...this is a work in progress..."
he aint done, its just a temp setup. personally i think it looks pretty good, hell id take any manche, but hes heading in the right way..he could have put a lowering kit on it!

granted some of the stuff looks scary, it dose have a nice stance it looks tuff !! i hope that he gets the suspension fixed .mj 's look bad ass lifted rolling on 36's

Anybody else notice that the FRONT axle tube on the long side was BUTT WELDED to the centersection? WTF? Even I won't do that to an axle, and then think about running it. Not even as a "work in progress". Other than the items pointed out by everyone, it doesn't take make to "see" it finished right, and wheeling.

vetteboy said:
I saw that when you posted it on pirate. I dont even know what to say.

I really do want to know what the welding on the 30 is for though. :confused:

I really doubt that the weld work is "trying to patch a disco", as the disco is located about 2 feet farther away from the center section, and has the P/S UCA mount in it. I think that this bothers me more than the rest of the "working project" stuff going on.

Back