• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

picture request front reciever hitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
im lookin into buying a front receiver hitch just like i have in the back to put underneath the bumper to mount a winch. i barely see any so i was wondering if anyone had pictures of their jeeps with one on and possibly with the winch and mount on it. seeing as its only 100 bucks id probably get one or just a bumper with a reciever hitch built in. thanks

05-11-07018.jpg

For winch purposes they're not that great, when mounted the winch is low and sticks out far causing approach angle troubles. When you mount it up when you need it a lot of times you're in too tight anyway...

But here is a front receiver for you, Draw Tite:
big_bear_run_05.jpg

they all look really good. as for clearance, i dont think it would bother me as much since i wont be doin any rock climbing problably trails beaches mud and puddles. i found a hidden hitch for the jeep, and the word hidden confuses me cause is tucked up even more than all yours like near the license plate? or is pretty much all the standard height. and is it necessary too remove the front air damn for the hitch or could i cut away a section in the front. if i dont do this im probably gonna look for the cheapest bumper with a receiver hitch but i like this method so far also cause i wouldnt need tow hooks and thats extra money(if i get new bumper would put d-hooks on it)

opt1177612373f.jpg

mine sticks out 1-1/4" at the farthest point from my grill, hitch is flush with the front of the bumper. cost about 100$ to build, a little less.

get a bumper with the reciever built in, JCR makes em im sure others do too. same idea but doesnt rob clearance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back