• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re 5.5 leaf pack and 1.5 long shackle hit

gixer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey
I just threw on my Re 5.5 leaf pack. I also have on there a 1.5 inch longer shackle. The shackle is pointed back and just a bit away from the bumper bolts if not touching them.
She seems to be sitting level. Any ideas?
If I can find a set should I throw a set of factory shackles back in there? Or go to boomerangs?
Thanks for any input.

whats the actual question?

Yeah that might help

What can I do to stop it from hitting?
Once I get on the trail they will stop due to the fact that the shackle is pretty much right on the bolt as it is.

Should I throw a factory shackle back in there or maybe get a set of boomerangs?

Stock shackles will only make it worse. Boomerangs would be your best bet, but there is also a chance the spring was made too long. You could also call RE and see what they say.

Fullsizexj said:
RE makes a boomarang shackle that was intended to be used with that spring pack

What does the 5.5" kit come with, the 4.5" leafs?
So the boomerang isn't needed?

The 5.5 leafs are longer than the 4.5. RE intended the bookarang to be used for those longer leafs.

well, you don't want a vertical shackle angle, tilted back somewhere between 35-45 degrees on flat ground would be ideal, but obviously you have to have enough clearance for them to move backward as the springs compress.

A boomerang style shackle in effect will solve this problem as it sits the part of the bar that is up in the shackle bucket vertical so it has room to move, but has an angled part so that the shackle will still rotate properly.

A boomerang shackle should take care of you, but I would still suggest removing or shortening those two bumper bolts, cause they'll probably still get in the way.

TunaSoda said:
What does the 5.5" kit come with, the 4.5" leafs?
So the boomerang isn't needed?
That is correct the 5.5 comes with 4.5 leafs and 1.25 shackles as does the 4.5 comes with 3.5 leafs and 1.25 shackles, it allows for more flex otherwise the lifts would be really stiff

Back