• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woo Hooo, getting a bunch of stuff done!

tcm glx

NAXJA Member #1033
Ok, so I am excited, because I am getting a bunch of stuff done to my XJ!!
*I just finished installing this saturday a ROCK HARD Cage
*Currie Stiffeners (the ones that tie the front lower control arms with the rear leaf springs)
*The A/C Harness that I have had not working for the last 1.5 yrs is being replaced (For those that know about this, no more laughing at me when it is warm, I can turn my air on also)
*Tranfer case 100% rebuilt (there was significant amount of play)
*New U-Joints all around
*New Steering Shaft
*New Windshield (don't ask)
*Re-welding my front pre run bumper
*Building and designing a rear pre run bumper

Anyways, I have no pics, but I am excited!!

That is all.....

Last edited:
Cowboydoc said:
If you've driven on them yet...how do you like those frame stiffeners?
I have not yet driven on them, the Xj is at my mechanics shop, he drove it to get my windshield replaced and he said it is a night a day difference, according to him, it feels much much more solid. Will know this weekend, he should be done with all the stuff by friday, or at the latest Saturday. Will test it out on Sunday at Azusa........

mattyj said:
How was the install and fit of the cage?
Hey Matt, Fit is awesome. I went with this kit because it bolts in, and they happen to sponsor our Jeepspeed XJ. I had it powdercoated before putting it in, and on Saturday, we installed mine, as well the two others in the two other chase XJ's that we have in a matter of 6 hours......and there were a total of three of us working on it. So overall, installation is pretty easy, and fit is AWESOME! I will take pics this weekend.

tcm glx said:
Hey Matt, Fit is awesome. I went with this kit because it bolts in, and they happen to sponsor our Jeepspeed XJ. I had it powdercoated before putting it in, and on Saturday, we installed mine, as well the two others in the two other chase XJ's that we have in a matter of 6 hours......and there were a total of three of us working on it. So overall, installation is pretty easy, and fit is AWESOME! I will take pics this weekend.

cool, thats great getting hooked up. The cage is definately one of the more expensive ones out there. Do you think you will add any additional bracing through the B piller section & roof? Have you heard of anyone testing out one of these cages in a rollover...... just curious as im interested.
Thanks,
Have fun this weekend at Azusa. Cant make this one.

mattyj said:
cool, thats great getting hooked up. The cage is definately one of the more expensive ones out there. Do you think you will add any additional bracing through the B piller section & roof? Have you heard of anyone testing out one of these cages in a rollover...... just curious as im interested.
Thanks,
Have fun this weekend at Azusa. Cant make this one.
Not sure if I will add any extra bracing for now....in terms of testing, the guys at ROCK HARD supply a bunch of military Xj with cages, and they have done extensive rollover testing, with no issues......all in all, I got hooked up, and i knew it would add some additional reinforcement, so i jumped on it. Hoping i never really have to test.

tcm glx said:
Not sure if I will add any extra bracing for now....in terms of testing, the guys at ROCK HARD supply a bunch of military Xj with cages, and they have done extensive rollover testing, with no issues......all in all, I got hooked up, and i knew it would add some additional reinforcement, so i jumped on it. Hoping i never really have to test.

Hell yeah! Great deal!....... you know if you need to get rid of another for those guys i could help you out.
Just the kind of guy i am :)

tcm glx said:

Yes Matt, the fit is nice and with the PC it really looks good. Definately something you dont want to rattlecan. I helped prefit the first one ans was not to bad once we thru the installation instructions in the trash.

Tony, did the 6hr installation time include tapping the PC out of the threadded collers ?

Oh, and if I had the $$$ when they were ordered, all 4 chase XJ's would have cages. Mine will be soon, just wondering what color I want to PC it...

They do look really well and a good design.

Just wondering, I have a Rock Krawler Long Arm on my 92. Would I be able to install one of these without modifying anything? Both stock lower control arm brackets had to be sawed off for the LA installation.

Thanks

*Currie Stiffeners (the ones that tie the front lower control arms with the rear leaf springs)

Right on Tony, sorry about our last deal, completely forget about it for a while until I noticed the stiffeners sitting on the side, things went south for a little while but back on track. Glad to see you getting dialed in, see you very soon in the dez, hopefully!

Gotta link for the Rock Hard cage?

Hi guys...ok, here goes:

**Do not think you can do stiffeners unless you do a custom kit or you do the ones Currie sells.....(I am planning to add those shortly)

**Skull-No Worries

**www.rockhard4x4parts.com

Thanks guy, I take it by "do the ones Currie sells, you mean their LA kit? And by custom kit, fabricate or have someone fab up something for me?

Once again, Thanks

Did you get your Sport cage from Rock hard or through one of the local dealers from their site? I noticed there's a place in Colton and San Diego that have them also.

mdickerson said:
Thanks guy, I take it by "do the ones Currie sells, you mean their LA kit? And by custom kit, fabricate or have someone fab up something for me?

Once again, Thanks

Did you get your Sport cage from Rock hard or through one of the local dealers from their site? I noticed there's a place in Colton and San Diego that have them also.

Yes, both their long arm kit and their rock rail kit.

The cage i got directly from Rock Hard.....excellent people to deal with.

Back