• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My poor cherokee

95meangreen

NAXJA Forum User
On monday morning as i was driving into work, i had a seizure on the intersate in my 93 2dr cherokee with the doors off. It went off the road down a 60ft slope throught trees and over fences. then is went over a 15 ft wall and fliped in the air to land on its passenger side/top. and rambed into a garbage bin and the back of the local best buy. the parametics said the only thing saving my life was the seat bealt ( otherwise i would have been dead on I-40) and the lift that made it be able to go over the wall instead of hitting straight into it. sadly the jeep is totaled and in really bad shape. Hopefully i will be able to part the few pieces savagable. All the doctors said i should have died but luckly i have only a few stiches and nothing broken.
heres the jeep:

ChrissJeep038.jpg

ChrissJeep017.jpg

ChrissJeep015.jpg

ChrissJeep050.jpg

ChrissJeep042.jpg

ChrissJeep032.jpg

if you think thats bad you should see my face!! ;D

wow! that sucks! glad you are alive!

haha poor jeep? poor you...

A jeep is replaceable, your life is not.

Funny because i think that if that happened to my jeep, i'd be the same way-if i was alive the first thing i would think is "how bad is the jeep?"

So did you just have a random seizure or do you have a medical issue that lead to them?

Hey man sorry about that! Join the club of "rolled and totaled jeeps!" (I'm in it)
So tell me seriously now, what was the first thing that went through your head? And then what was the first thing that went through your head when you seen the jeep?

For me it was "O, no! I really done it this time" And when looking at it talking to myself with the cop next to me..."I don't think that is fixable, But I'll make an effort" And then I almost cried not because of the pain, but because of all the work that was lost.

I hope your face does a good healing. Did you bend your steering wheel to? I sure did.
Good luck and remember..."There are plenty of Jeeps in the sea!" Just go out and choose!

wow

I talked to him Tues morning and asked what happened and how he was. He said he was okay, but the Jeep was totaled. I asked if it flipped or what happened, and he said he didn't know. He told me where it was towed and I found it and took the pics and sent them to him. I think we can salvage the rear axle and the seats, possibly the springs, and maybe the engine and transmission. The t-case is in the back seat....it shattered and ripped the drive shafts out of both yokes!

Chris is a lucky SOB and God had to be watching out for him!

Pardon my French, but goddamn! I know as soon as I found out I was alright, the next thing on my mind would be "Did the Jeep survive?" Sadly, it doesn't look like yours did, but hey, YOU did and that's all that matters.

TrueBlueXJ said:
Pardon my French, but goddamn! I know as soon as I found out I was alright, the next thing on my mind would be "Did the Jeep survive?" Sadly, it doesn't look like yours did, but hey, YOU did and that's all that matters.

x2

You can build another jeep, if it had been the other way around I don't think you jeep could build another you.

WOW!!!! glad yur o.k. man. sorry bout the jeep. i got hit head on by a guy who had a spell about a year ago. totalled my honda. thats some scary sheeeet!

side note: that makes Phil's flop look like a lil bumper ding, damn!

mojojojo said:
Phil's flop look like a lil bumper ding, damn!
yeah it does

Poor Cherokee, but someone is looking out for you that you were able to walk away from that mangled Jeep!!! You can always get another Cherokee, they are very easy to find and cheap. Transfer over what you can and start over, at least you are alive and not badly hurt, many more people have died in accidents not nearly as bad as you had. Many times it's good not to expect it and brace for it rather be lose and be buckled up and be ready to duck and roll into the passenger seat if possible. Life and death many times is a matter of timing, small measurements, and obviously chain reactions that hopefully fall in your favor.

At any rate...glad you are alive to tell the tale. Print up a huge photo of your dead Jeep and build yourself another one from the insurance $ and use what parts you can from it. You might actually be pleasantly surprised to learn that you get more $ for the Jeep then you thought then shop smart and give yourself $ to build your next Jeep! ;)

Troy

I see a green cherokee in the back there. Man even working in autocollision i can say wow im betting those seats helped you too the factory seats wouldnt hold you in like those did. You are one lucky guy. Id be afraid to drive after that. Now go build yourself a bigger better cherokee and drive up and down that slope like you own it.

Back