• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spark Plugs

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Wanting to know some opinions on plugs? bOSCH 4+, Champion, Fine Wire etc.

Tried searching to gather some experiences, but no luck. (Don't believe me?..try searching, not good results) ROCK ON!!!

I use Champion copper plus,

Look at the white bulletin stuck to your firewall above the brake booster....

It calls for RC12LYC or whatever plugs, which are champion copper plus plugs.

I've followed the recommendations of users on these forums, and that's why I bought the Champion's.

They are around $1.40 each.

when i bought my '00 a few months ago, it had bosch in it, and i did a "tune up" and put in the factory spec'd champions as Blaine mentioned... haven't had a single problem with them. a cherokee buddy of mine recommended going with what the "white label" says... so i did, and i'm glad i did

Champion plugs seem to be the best for me. I tried some platium plugs and I think that they were a cooler plug cause I lost alot of throttle response

Stick with the recommended, you won't go wrong, if you want to experiment then go ahead but the 4.0 works real well with the champion coppers.

anyone ever try ngk's.. i use ngk's in alot of vehicles and gonna be doing a tune up on my 94, is the champion that much better.
mike

Go with the good old Champion RC12LYC's, they are manufacturer recommended and I have never had a problem with 'em. My family owns all Chrysler products and most are Jeeps 3 of which have 4.0's and they all run Champions and have never had a problem with performance.

NKG plugs are better than champion but I think that the champions are better for the 4.0L

Back