• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I swear I searched, another lift ???

natcole299

NAXJA Forum User
I recently needed new tires, and not wanting to replace them twice, I bought a cheep budget boost and the tires and wheels I wanted (Cooper Discoverer STT 30X9.5 on 15 black steel rims). I have since added, I think, most of the "extranious" lift parts, such as BPE's, longer shocks, RE adjustable track bar, and most of the bushings in the front end. I have a transfer case drop kit at the ready as well

Now I am finally in a position to replace leaf and coil springs. I like the amount of lift I have, about 2.5", and want to stick with it. Moderate wheeler, mostly use it to get away to fish/ camp. I just want a better ride and the ability to carry more than a gallon of water in the back. (I recently discovered that I can carry more than twice as much weight in my Outback as my Jeep when I was tiling my bathroom).

So my question is two parts. Is there a good source for purchasing just the springs, and what is going to be my best bet for ride comfort and cargo capacity, while maintaining between 2.5 and 3" of lift, in a 2000 with a 4.0 and an auto? I am sure this question has been asked before, but I could not find the answer. Thanks in advance for any help.

fatty said:
Call Dirk @ DPG Offroad. Old Man Emu would be my first choice for ride quality. He carries a 2" and a 3" OME lift.

Thanks for the response, I will give him a call. Anyone else have any good suppliers for individual parts rather than kits?

When your a member there are a few forum users who are Rubicon Express supliers and you can order individual parts from kits and they know all the part numbers and are very helpful!

Back