• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indecisive on New Tires

88XjLaredo

NAXJA Forum User
I cannot come to a decision on new tires and I must choose in the next few days. Size will be a 31x10.50 A/T of some sort. M/T's are out of the question and so are BFG A/T's. I was very unhappy with their performance last time, especially in the rain and how easily they clogged with mud. I need good wet traction because of the terrain around here, but I also would like the strength that the BFG A/T provides. I know I posted about this yesterday but after reading further reviews I'm more confused than before.

Mastercraft Courser A/T

CourserAT2.jpg

I bought General Grabber AT2's for $90 from the Tire Rack and I love them. They have great wet traction and cleaned well for an AT tire in the mud.
100_0586.jpg

100_05872.jpg

100_05832.jpg

I'd go with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, Awesome tire. Same carcass as the MTR.

459919.jpg

bowhunter said:
I'd go with the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor, Awesome tire. Same carcass as the MTR.

459919.jpg
These are the tires that our town uses on all of our Ranger trucks. Its on our trucks and bronco down at our beach, and also the other officer's trucks. Good tire, I have nothing bad to say about them.

I second ^^. Only I would use the Wrangler SR-A. I've used them in the past (little cheaper than the Silent Armor), and found that they were better than the Wrangler RT/S that I'm running on the wife's Blazer. I can't tell you about tread-life, as I only ran them 3 months this winter. Excellent snow/ice/wet traction, decent in minor/gentle off-road conditions.

Im running 235 toyo open country a/t's on my 2" BB'd '01. Ive been really happy with them. They have a 50k warranty from the factory and they kicked ass this winter in the 12" to 14" of wet chicago snow. Pretty quiet to boot. Hope this helps.

Back