• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgrade Need some help

RuffedUpXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well my buddy and I have an idea for what to do with his steering. We want to keep the same size TRE holes (don't want to ream or use hiems). I want to use ZJ TRE's in all of the places except where the draglink. Bascially it will be an Inverted-T setup with 1.5" .250 DOM. The tie rod will go from knuckle to knuckle and the draglink will connect to the tie rod with a 3/4" heim. And the heim will be more or less sandwiched by some 1/4" plate.

So I know where to get the tube inserts, jam nuts, TRE's and the heim. But where are the best prices for everything.

2-RH ZJ TREs
1-LH ZJ TRE
1-3/4 16 w/ 5/8" bolt and RH thread
Jam nuts for each and tube inserts for all of them

Should I get misalignment spacers for the heim?

Also I am using the heim in the about same place as the stock location of the draglink-Tie rod connection to make sure the draglink and track bar angles are close.

So if you have suqqestions throw them at me because I really don't feel like doing this twice.

The heim will be liek this ( thanks cracker for the pic)
standard.jpg

oh im sorry, i just read it more closely. Im not too sure the angles are gonna be great.

I Would use a mis-align spacer there.

Back