• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adding 1" to 4.5 " lift

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I already have a 4.5 inch lift with short arms. Adjustable trac bar .No sye or drop brackets. I was looking to add a 1 inch spacer and 1 inch shackle to it.

Will the ride be way to bad that i need drop brackets or long arms? Anything else i might need?

canadianwheeler said:
I already have a 4.5 inch lift with short arms. Adjustable trac bar .No sye or drop brackets. I was looking to add a 1 inch spacer and 1 inch shackle to it.

Will the ride be way to bad that i need drop brackets or long arms? Anything else i might need?

Tell us more about your lift, and about the components involved?

People run 5.5" shortarm lifts. Dropbrackets is better.

cal said:
Tell us more about your lift, and about the components involved?

People run 5.5" shortarm lifts. Dropbrackets is better.
Right... things like what short arms you're using (fixed/adj); are you sure the lift you have doesn't already have extended shackles; shock lengths?

For starters no SYE = trouble later on.

Up front its all RE stuff. Fixed upper and lower controll arms, track bar and coils. Rear is a mixed leaf pack with xj and s10 leafs. No longer shackle. Sitting about 1/2 inch taller in the rear.

I am thinking of doing the same to my 3" RC AAL. First off, it voids the warranty on your lift from what i was told. Second off, you are putting alot of stress on the rear leafs with bigger shackles and they arent meant for it. I have heard that they may crack if you do this. I dont know if any of it is true..

Last edited:
XJ9888 said:
I am thinking of doing the same to my 3" RC AAL. First off, it voids the warranty on your lift from what i was told. Second off, you are putting alot of stress on the rear leafs with bigger shackles and they arent meant for it. I have heard that they may crack if you do this. I dont know if any of i

Wha? No. bigger shackles good. blocks and AAL bad.

canadianwheeler said:
I read somewhere that a lift leaf pack with a 1" shackle is better then a lift with a stock shackle.

Yes, the stock shackle only allows ~1.25" of forward/back movement at the rear of the leaf (the rear eye).

My 5.5" leafs with a 1" boomarang shackle move ~2.75", and would probably go another .75-1" each way if my shocks/bumpstops didnt get in the way.

Back