• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory downpipe

clear.gif

just get the borla headers that come with the downpipe. Problem solved :)

You could try having a exh. shop bend you a 120 degree bend on a peice of pipe 1/2" larger then the stock pipe,(you'll loose about 1/2" in the bend) and cut and weld the new peice in to replace the kink.

Go flex you jeep and see where the front drive shaft winds up befor you fit a custom down pipe. You can beat it in with a hammer if it hits for clearance. Somtimes you flex both sides at once like on a whoop de doo so consider where it will be when it goes straight up also.

how are you gonna get the pipe expander in far enough to open up the pipe?

I just ordered a downpipe from JCwhitney thats made by maremount...I havent installed it yet but it DOES NOT HAVE THE CRIMP! Looks pretty nice and was only $70. :rof:

My stroker with headers now has a crimped spot. It is due to the ujoint hitting the pipe under full flex.

my d-shaft still hits my down pipe at full tilt so i don't want to spend a lot of money to get a new one when it's only going to get dented again.
The crimp is on three sides so if i could get it round and let the d-shaft reclearance it. It would still have better flow than it does now.
Im only running a bb and 30'' tires when i lift it enough that it wont ever hit again ill get a different (better) down pipe.

my muffler man couldnt custom bend a 2.5 front pipe that would clear the axle at full travel. he actually admitted it "whooped" him!
I ended up with a new, stock 2.25 front pipe, with the lovely dent.
he said the header's collector dumped out at the wrong angle to fit a 2.5 front pipe.
the nearby fuel line locations are to blame for the exhaust routing as well.
its a really crowded spot on a 4wd jeep, with exhaust, diff, driveshaft, and fuel lines all crammed in there.

VET8911 said:
I just ordered a downpipe from JCwhitney thats made by maremount...I havent installed it yet but it DOES NOT HAVE THE CRIMP! Looks pretty nice and was only $70. :rof:

what was the diameter of the pipe?

Its a stock replacement with a 2.25" diameter... same as stock but with no crimp. It is not mandrel bent or anything like that but still a pretty nice piece. I will post some pics when I get home.

349827_1.jpg

I ordered thru JCW but it was shipped thru Carparts.com, it is the same price and all. Part #349827.

ok back to the original question. has anyone tried to expand the downpipe?
If not what do yall think about doing this. I dont want to replace what i allready have because im too cheap.:shiver:

Back