• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coil Spring Prices

98CherokeeClassic

NAXJA Forum User
My old high school assitant wrestling coach who owns a couple of businesses including and truck and tire shop that installs lifts and things told me tonight he would help me lift my XJ. He told me that one of his businesses makes coil springs along with cluthes and other things and he told me he could make me some coil springs for a 4.5" or 3" lift. My question is, how much do just coil springs cost? And if i got the coil springs for free, how much would i be saving by buying all of the other parts not in a complete kit, such as trac bar and LC arms to complete the kit, or would it end up costing me more? Because I am thinking that the price difference will not be significant enough and I'll end up buying a complete kit. Thanks

I have alot of guys coming into my store (Store Manager at a parts store) looking for cheap ways to lift their jeeps. TRW makes a spring that gives about 3.5 inches of lift not sure what it OE on? but when I looked it up by specifications and did the math, combined with longer physical length and stiffer spring rate (but not as stiff as f250 springs) it gives good lift and costs 69.88. Shocks are usually requested the same way (by specification) costs 30-35 for quality, brake lines are usually easy to do because of the longer ones available on the wrangler, and grands.(25 or so for quality) LC arms and track bar almost HAVE to come from Aftermarket supplier. Lifting is easy and can be done on a budget, just depends on what you are looking for out of the lift. Stiffer springs and OE shocks and not great for flexing such as a kit desinged for it, but it rides moderately well on road.... really up to you.

So each spring costs about 70? or $70 for the pair? It should be worth it getting him to make me some either way, if I dont like them or the way it rides I can always just quit being a cheap ass and buy some. I have brand new rear brake lines that came with my brothers Grand Cherokee lift. They should work right? Thanks for the help.

If cheap is what you want get some blocks and spacers. :)

Back