• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front spring

If you still have the little metal clamp on the bottom of the spring, and you bolt the top to the jeep, and the weight of the axle is hanging on the spring, something is going to break.

The reason no one attaches the top is we don't care if the spring moves away from the top mount. As long as it stays on the tower. If you don't want them to drop, add a limit strap. Or really short shocks. :rof:

sgtmack said:
If you still have the little metal clamp on the bottom of the spring, and you bolt the top to the jeep, and the weight of the axle is hanging on the spring, something is going to break.

Only partially right. I have my springs held in on the top with J bolts. They seem to do just fine. And the weakest link in the setup is the J bolt itself. So what if it breaks, you go get another one for a dollar.

And "cheater droop" is okay, as long as the spring can't get cockeyed, compress and zing off into the woods. That makes for a crappy day. (Don't ask how I know this).

jeepster96 said:
how come nobody else is doing this, i see all these pics on here and there coils are not touching the body when they flex. whats the pros and cons on doing this

Cause people think it is cool......

It can be fun at times to get that much flex out of your front end, but when it comes to the coil popping out or the weight shifts to that corner it isn't so much fun.

I think it is ok for the coil to come alittle ways away from the body, but not much. A limiting strap would be the best solution, but the j bolt concept should work fine if its a heavier guage.

Back