• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WRECKSJAY pix

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Well, he was delivered to George's place today... This is the first time I've seen him since last Monday.

Jamezzz, Hans...will this buff out?

DSC_0002Medium.jpg

DSC_0003Medium.jpg

DSC_0004Medium.jpg

DSC_0005Medium.jpg

DSC_0006Medium.jpg

DSC_0007Medium.jpg

DSC_0008Medium.jpg

DSC_0018Medium.jpg

DSC_0020Medium.jpg

DSC_0023Medium.jpg

DSC_0025Medium.jpg

It should buff rite out with some extra course compound. :gee:

Jamez.

So when are you putting the poor bastard down?

Using the following technique might help
HB0579.waxgreen.jpg

Last edited:
WaXJ_Skier said:
So when are you putting the poor bastard down?

We're taking off his donor parts starting tomorrow. Everything should be ready by Sunday...when we'll have a ceremony to put him to rest in the back yard.

PDeeXJ said:
with pics i hope.

Yup, he'll have the dignity he deserves.

The really hard part was my daughter who about shut down when she saw him. Her little shoulders slumped and her head went down. I gave her my dash buddies (a beanie baby an old friend put there and a Stomper Jeep) and asked her to hold onto them, that they were special.

I gave her choice of ANY part inside the Jeep she wanted...and she picked the passenger seat she used to ride in. I told her that was a wonderful idea and I'd make her a bracket for inside the house.:patriot:

ECKSJAY said:
Yup, he'll have the dignity he deserves.

The really hard part was my daughter who about shut down when she saw him. Her little shoulders slumped and her head went down. I gave her my dash buddies (a beanie baby an old friend put there and a Stomper Jeep) and asked her to hold onto them, that they were special.

I gave her choice of ANY part inside the Jeep she wanted...and she picked the passenger seat she used to ride in. I told her that was a wonderful idea and I'd make her a bracket for inside the house.:patriot:

you be rockin with the parental "brownie points" nice call!

ECKSJAY said:
I'd give anything for her. :)

Thats the way it should be.

ECKSJAY said:
RIP, pal. :(

XJchillin.jpg

is that a pic of him stock or just a Jeep ad?

ECKSJAY said:
Day after I bought him.

Phil-and-Jeep.jpg

Just an idea, but maybe you should keep one part from him to put on the new rig

WOW she went out with a bang :) Atleast it was a decent hit that totaled her. I hate seeing good rigs with minor damage bite the bullet.

I wonder if the adjuster even wrote an estimate?

XJourney said:
I wonder if the adjuster even wrote an estimate?

There was no estimate in the copy of the report I had. It happened Monday and by Tuesday afternoon he had been out to see it. He called to tell me what he found and where it was going, and his words were, 'Well, I sure hope you weren't looking forward to having it fixed.' I told him that I knew immediately that it wasn't going to survive...

Farmers has been great to deal with. For having a half dozen names and phone numbers of folks handling various aspects of my claim, they sure operate like a single machine.

If those tail lamps aren't broken (hard to tell in the pictures) you could make her a night light out of one of them ;)

Good luck on the swap man. If you're going to trash the body I'd suggest pulling the engine and putting it in the garage (after draining all fluids and making sure it's totally dry) for a rainiy day. Same with the transfer case.

ECKSJAY said:
put him to rest in the back yard

That's gonna be a mighty big hole to dig! :laugh3:

Back