• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

build-up pics

stoveguy

NAXJA Forum User
Well Ive introduced myself a few months ago and since have just been reading and stockpiling parts. Well I started turning wrenches on my 86 wagoneer 2 weeks ago and thought Id share. brief description it is an 86 wagoneer limited. That had the required rod hanging out of the side of it when I got it. Ive put in a 92 chevy cpi 4.3 th700r trans and a 231c transfercase. I used aa mounts. RE 4.5 front springs s10 rear sitting on 35" procomp xterrains.Im almost done fabbing a long arm setup modeled after claytons with a little teraflex. almost done wiring the cpi engine. I have swaped out the d35 for a ford 8.8 with 4.10's and a ls. Ive got a milemarker hyd winch Im putting in after I fab a bumper. and I changed the brake booster for a hydroboost that came out of the astro van the eng came from. pics are here http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/bb183/stoveguy/

Yea I already started trimming yesterday. I used the 35's well because there what I had from an old project. I really like how it looks so Im gonna trim just enough to clear Im considering going 2 more inches.

I wouldnt have gone with the CPI 4.3 having owned a truck with one, great, powerful motor, but the injector setup sucks and will fail, not to mention the TBI and the CSFI ones have more upgrades available.

Nice work on the Jeep though

well Im planning on up grading the injector setup when it does fail. for a 100 more I can up grade it with a 6 injector setup instead of the single with 6 poppets

That motor is great, my mom's blazer had one of those and it had 0ver 100K and the injectors never failed, plus it had more than enough power. I want to do this some day...

Back