• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys 4.5 inch lift

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
im getting the rustys 4.5 inch spring pack kit and a sye just to be safe but i dont know what shocks to get. it comes with 'rustys performance shocks' or you can get 'rancho RS9000X' or the 'bilstein 5150' for $350 extra. if you have any of these shocks let me know how they work out. also how to the front springs work out after a while because ive heard that they can compress
thanks-
alex

Had my Rusties lift for over a year now and havent noticed any sag. Spend a little more and get the HD trackbar bracket and Upper control arms. I just got the regular shocks.

IIRC, the rustys kit just has lower control arms, at 4.5" youll want the upper and lower control arms and get them adjustable. its worth waiting another paycheck for those.

-Tim

Blistens. Ranchos suck. You can survive at 4.5 with fixed LCAs and stock UCAs, but you will notice later when installing a larger TB that it will rub on the brackets on the diff because your caster is off. Personally I went with RC 4.5 and have been upgrading everything, Went from fixed LCAs and a AAL w/ TC drop. To full RE rear pack, adjustable RE LCAs, RE CA drop brackets, RE 1660 TB and HD TB bracket, RE SYE...... I upgrade every week.

How dose it work when adding adj UCA when you have fixed LCA? How do you know when the upers are "adjused" right?

There are some sites out there (dont have them off the top of my head) but they give measurements for what would be about the correct legnth.

And yes you can go 4.5 with stock UCAs there are many companies that sell their 4.5 kits with only LCAs. REs 4.5 is well over 4.5 inchs and this is why they sell their kits with them. Rustsy no UCAs, RC no UCAs etc etc. Should you get them/ in the future?? Yes. Is it life or death? No. Ive been running mine for some time now and have had no problems at all.

Back