• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another, another recovery.

POSJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here are the pictures of the stuck. Stock Dodge Dakota with street tires out by themselves in a place I wouldn't want to be without another well equipt vehicle.
Transmitterstucks007.jpg

Transmitterstucks009.jpg

Transmitterstucks011.jpg

Tom hook up his 30ft. recovery strap and a snatch block to get the job done, again I was just extra weight on the back.
Transmitterstucks012.jpg

Transmitterstucks017.jpg

Transmitterstucks018.jpg

Then there is me getting stuck trying to get back onto some solid ground. Fell into some ruts about 6" deeper than my tires, got stuck on the diffs. I started digging trenchs for the diffs just in case. Then waited around for Tom to get his troops back onto solid ground.
Transmitterstucks025.jpg

Transmitterstucks023.jpg

Transmitterstucks020.jpg

Transmitterstucks030.jpg

Transmitterstucks031.jpg

This is the point where Tom started having a little trouble and we thought it was going to be all three vehicles stuck for a bit.
Transmitterstucks028.jpg

But he got out onto solid ground and proceeded to fry his clutch.
Transmitterstucks034.jpg

Transmitterstucks043.jpg

Transmitterstucks045.jpg

Transmitterstucks046.jpg

He then came back for me and after digging the trenchs I think I probably could have gotten out by myself but rather than digging myself deeper Tom pulled me.
Transmitterstucks048.jpg

Transmitterstucks049.jpg

Transmitterstucks050.jpg

The two guys with the Dodge on the left, then Tom, then Myself.
Transmitterstucks053.jpg

P.S. This was probably the worse spot I've seen in Alaska for mosquitoes. I opened my hood to add some water for washer fluid and I had a black cloud of probably 200 skeeters over head in 2sec.

Tyler-

The Yeller TJ has a D44 with a limited slip, my XJ has a D44 with a locker and both of us were having a little trouble out there. Just plain dumb to be out there in a stocker with open/open and street tires.

u and ur friend need to start charging people

Question...When you said burning his clutch, can you do that with a auto? Or will I be fine pulling someone out? Also, what caused all that smoke?

xalexjx said:
you should also be careful pulling out stuck vehicles in reverese, its an easy way to snap ring and pinions :lecture:

X2....

i really enjoying these recoveries your doing.

I'm gonna have to start getting some shots of the recoverys that i have been doing quite often lately. Seeing your pictures makes me wander why i do it for free. But its worth the fun of getting there sometimes

I take pics and post here for fun, I really just look for any excuse to go wheelin'. So far I've recovered a Rubicon, F150, 1500 Chevy, and now a Dodge. Was thinking about putting stickers of the maker logo of all the vehicles on the driverside door like the fighter pilots do, but we'll see.

Tyler-

POSJ said:
I take pics and post here for fun, I really just look for any excuse to go wheelin'. So far I've recovered a Rubicon, F150, 1500 Chevy, and now a Dodge. Was thinking about putting stickers of the maker logo of all the vehicles on the driverside door like the fighter pilots do, but we'll see.

Tyler-

I was going to do the "kill" stickers on my Pathfinder which rightfully earned the title "Official Recovery Vehicle".

did tom in the Yeller Wrangler used to be stationed here at McConnell in wichita kansas??..that jeep looks familiar and the tire cover on the back has an ad for Off Road Motorsports shop...*the only one in town*

i think he was a POL guy...if i remember right....never got to wheel with him but saw him out somewhere in the woods in his jeep

Last edited:
Back