• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

blower still not working

andyoib

NAXJA Forum User
Hello All,
I am new to this forum so please don't get mad if I am asking a question that has been asked a million times. :) I have been having a problem with my blower motor being on only high. It is a 94 cherokee sport two door with 5 speed and a/c. I replaced the resistor and still had same problem. Today my blower motor was squealing so I replaced it as well. When I put in the new motor, I got nothing. The motor wouldn't even turn on. I checked it on the battery and it worked. Just for kicks, I tried the old motor on the battery and it worked. When I hook either of them up to the harness, I get nothing. Please help. It is getting hot here and my wife needs the a/c. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Andy

I just went through this. When you say you replaced the "resistor" I assume you mean thermal fuse. Most of the threads concerning this suggest that the fuse has blown, that is, it has opened and no longer conducts any current. In my case the fuse developed a resistance that produced the same effect: the fan motor running only on high. This was confusing at first since I was expecting to find an open circuit, but I went ahead and replaced the thermal fuse just in case, which was indeed the problem.

I forgot to mention that I am also getting a cel code of 33 which states:Air Conditioning Clutch relay circuit open or shorted (may be in wide open throttle cutoff circuit)
How do you fix or check this??

Back