• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone ever tried this?

asheets934

NAXJA Forum User
Or know if it would work?

I have the dreaded four headlight system on my 89 Waggy ltd. Obviously they suck, and I cant even find silverstars for them.

So heres my plan. I think I can fit a set of factory driving lamps from that year in the low beam holes and mod the harness to power them, based on my very unscientific reasoning. Tada, silverstars for my lowbeams. Now before I go off to the junkyard in search of lights, anybody know of any reason why it wont work or anyone done it and have any tips?

Why not get your paws on an XJ in the boneyard and pull the headlamp harness, buckets, and bezels; and just swap to H6054?

I believe Silverstars are available for H4656 and companions (I don't recall the number,) but you'd have to look for them. Hella Vision Plus and E-code conversions may also be available - have you checked with Hella or www.rallylights.com?

5-90

Well, I'd kind of like to maintain the uniqne look of the waggy, though i would convert to a cherokee front end if the price was right. the waggys use h4701 and h4703 off the top of my head and from what i've found they dont make silverstars in that size.

My memory may be wrong about this, but with quad headlights, aren't both on for high, and one for low? In other words, the low is a dual-filament? If that's the case, then replacing the low with a driving light will result in a very poor high, with the possibility of limited coverage or bad aim. Even if you rewire it so that the driving-light low is on all the time, remember that with a dual filament bulb the placement of the filaments changes the aim.

My dodge power wagon uses the same thing. I changed it to 4 H4666ST and rewired so I have 4 low and 4 high.
The single low beam silver star is H4651ST

langer1 said:
My dodge power wagon uses the same thing. I changed it to 4 H4666ST and rewired so I have 4 low and 4 high.
The single low beam silver star is H4651ST

I don't understand. It sounds like that may be something I can do. Will those sealed beams fit where my current ones are? Also, I never use my high beams. There is something wrong with them so I use my lows in combination with driving lights . . .

Back