• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stalling at any time

jeeptree

NAXJA Forum User
Just like the title says my xj is stalling at weird times there is no deference if its cold or hot out. there is also no difference if the my xj is cold or hot. now its not like I can time it ether its just at random times. i just got back from Erie pa witch is a 2 hour drive not one stall or jump. yes jump or as one may say buck its been doing that as will once every so often it will jump going down the highway. I was coming to a light before I drove home from Erie and it stall out. would not start back up,it was cranking but no start as I but my 4ways on it started once it did. it stall out about 100 ft down the road but started right up. ran nice for 3 mile and then my rpm drooped down to 0 for a second and jump back up with my gas pedal at the same spot it did not stall just made my jeep jump a little. I need this to stop ASAP this is my work truck as well. with out it running the money stops running. Thank you for any help a head of time.
ps. I did a search.

Next time it wont start turn the key to the on position, and see if you can hear the fuel pump kick on. you might need a friend to turn, while you listen. they tend to go around 130000miles or so, try and get one from jeep if you can afford it(ac delco). The cheap ones only last about a year, and are very heat sensitive. hope this helps. Jim

I did the tps only thing is it didnt take care of it but my truck dose run nice till the bucking and stalling starts. now some times it start right back up and others it dosnt. i didnt think of the o2 sensors.

ok its been a week no one stall.
I stoped to get gas today filled up and it started iv notice that it happens more when the gas is low like 1/4 tank but it was just on the line today when I filled up. now I don't know if this is a big deal but i thought id add it.
one more thing is sometimes when Im driving and it stalls i wait a second and give it gas and it starts up but just for a second or to put it in N and try to start it and most of the time it doesn't. some times it starts up and away I go. But today it wasn't like that at all when it stalled it stalled, and didn't want to start again. it dose roll over and everything but sometimes it sound like I'm killing it when I try to start it up like the piston is going to go though my hod. would the O2 sensor. what else could it be? I need help asap this is my work truck with out it I'm broke

CPS? (crank position sensor).....they usually just go with no warning when they go (meaning the Jeep will die and not start back up at all) but i've heard of them doing some crazy things in some instances. Check all your grounds. I have heard of atleast one instance where another user on here was having some stalling issues/no start issues, and it turns out their ground for one of those sensors (it was either the crank or cam position sensor, I don't remember which) had come lose and was just brushing up against the ground point....so they were getting random no starts.

Check engine light on? What year Jeep are we talking about here?

Its a 94 and there has been no lights on my dash. thats the funny thing.
I have gone and played with the wires when this happens and have seen no change, now I may not be playing with the right wire. Would a gas filter be it? I changed it less then 20,000 ago. but I may have been getting bad gas I heard when the price of gas is up some times the gas is not as good or clean.

Back