• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two need help questions

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday i traded a old quad for a 89 cherokee with a interesting six inch lift. couple things im trying to solve with no such luck yet. first question: steering not so hot (obviously). at over 50 it will toss me left and right and a bit squirly givin heavy gas pedal. it has a bigger trackbar and stock steering efverywhere else. i found a couple loosened up bolts and tightened on track bar axle mount and bracket but didnt solve the jeep throwin me. stock drag ling and tie rod not great i know but not bad enough to cause this. i do notice a little play at passenger side ball jointwhere draglink connects. dropping pitman arm could help maybe? front driver side inner tire is chewed up bad as well from previous vechicle it was on but is holding proper pressure.

second question has to do with blow-by, i think. so this thing was just puddling oil yesterday after long trip home with it so i started to investigate. it appears that a lot of oil is going through egr into airbox and leakin out bottom. i have had other jeeps with same problem but never to this extent.
little oil in airbox but not dumping, there is small crack in line to airbox but still oil shouldnt be dumping like it is in there i have never seen that. there is puddle on air filter so i think i narrowed down leak. motor runs fairly healthy though it just i have never seen this before, anyone have similiar issue?

thanks sorry for so much writing just trying to be as precise as possible.

P1010074.jpg

please ignore the "custom" lmfao sway drop brackets, they actually function but i will be buying some extended links and returning to original location.

looikn at jcr one tone steering setup called them today and like theyre setup a lot. they recommanded me a drop pitman arm for it though. also i am going to wait on track bar drop bracket till steering done.
how about the teraflex and currie? local 4x4 guy is trying to sell me on teraflex idea but im hearin it not worth the expensive tag. otk would be nice but i think jcr can work.

Back