• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question on swamper 33s......

jacked

NAXJA Forum User
trying to decide on what tires to install. I have been planning on buying a set of 33" Dayton timberlines, they are pretty beefy with 6 ply tread and 3 ply sidewalls, but today i was wondering about the swampers. a 33" bias swamper is about the same price, only thing is it does see alot of pavement, also how is the tread life on those? im sure they are very durable. i have a set of 15x8 steelies and a RE 4.5" SF kit going on. what do you think?

sounds like you need a mud radial and not bias.

TrXuS MT Radial Swamper
TSL Radial Swamper
Micky T Baja Claw Radial
Micky T MTZ Radial
BFG Mud

etc...

for lots of street driving, I'd go with the timberline mt. swampers aren't the tire for lots of street miles.

The Daytons (Firestone destination mts are the same thing) are pretty badass, Keep up on rotating them and proper psi on the road and they get decent life. Great in the muck too.

mjd99xj said:
The Daytons (Firestone destination mts are the same thing) are pretty badass, Keep up on rotating them and proper psi on the road and they get decent life. Great in the muck too.
they are NOT the same thing. tread design is a little different. I would personally save money and get the dayton timberlines. or the baja widetrack M/T which ARE the same tire. i personally ran the dayton's on the rubicon. had 4.5" rc lift with 31" daytons and a locker in the rear. didnt get stuck and nothing broke. now that i have a 7.5" lift i with they had the daytons in 35's. i Bought the Mickey thompson baja MTZ's which are pretty close to the daytons just because i had such great traction on the rubicon..

Back