• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumper entry guard?

BamaJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a rear bumper entry guard? My wife keeps scratching the rear bumper loading and unloading items and I need something to protect it. It's a 2001 XJ that I need it for and any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Nathan

rstarch345 said:
The only crap was your prep work. Proper prep work and it'll last longer than your steel.

Nope. Prep was exactly according to their instructions. Other folks I know have the same prob in their YJs and CJs

Tim_MN said:
3M makes a clear rubber-like film that is used by many auto manufactures to protect against rock and gravel chips.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/For_the/Consumer/

That would be great to use but it does'nt hide the scratches.

I've searched on quadratec and 4wd hardware with no luck.

I may just have it sprayed with Line-X if it's not more than $50.

it wont hide the scratches and it is essentially just a decal that you put on there for protection. They use the same stuff on motorcycles, but depending on what kind of abuse it gets, it may not help anyway.

Back