• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is better 6.5" or 4.5" spring

If you have the spring already use it. Spacers are good but the coil is better. Most people trying to save $ and go with the spacer first.

Go with RE 5.5 coils and no spacer. It should work fine with 35s.

I just went from RE 5.5 coils w/ 2" spacer down to Rustys 6.5 coils & no spacer on 37s.

I have Rustys 3" Spring and a 2" Spacer and a .75" Spacer on my rig right now.

I am pickin up RE 5.5" Coils next weekend, so I will be getting rid of that 2" spacer...

flexing with 37s and the 6.5 coils below... 6.5 might be a bit much for 35s, but I guess it depends on how much ur trimmed.

2572674770063093430FPLuGp_fs.jpg

On my 92 I used to have 3.5 spring and a 2' spacer. The only think I noticed was that when I went with the 5.5 spring there was some binding on my bump stop. Spacers have no travel so get rid of the spacer

Having run them in the past, 2" spacers have a fit as a budget boost when your rig is stock and you want to run a 30" tire and go out and learn how your rig will perform. For all other lift combos, there are springs to meet your needs. 1" spacers are good for leveling out after winch/HD bumper installs shrink your lift a little, but I would not recommend running a 2" as a lift alterntive VS a longer /engineered coil of the appropriate size.

Back