• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

head tag ID location

brak

NAXJA Forum User
ive searched for this info and get lots of 0331 head threads, but i dont see one say where the ID tag with the number is.

where is the tag on the head to ID the cast number?

thanks!

01 XJ Sport 4.0 6 cyl, auto

I just changed my 0331 head out for a 0630 head... Its not the easiest location but it's manageable. Start by looking from the front of the XJ towards the back. To the right of the valve cover but still on the top of the head near cylinder 3 & 4 it will be stamped there. Don't look on the side of the but on the top... if your XJ has a piece of "heat shield" (fiberglass insulation) you may have to move that out of the way. You may have to use a light to see the stamp because it will (more likely than not) be covered in dirt.

ALSO if you are going to put a 0630 head on your 01 XJ PM me and I can get you in touch with the NAXJA member who has the exhaust adapter plate, needed so the exhaust gasket doesnt blow apart.

Back