• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gun guys - Range quetsion...

I have been to one down here in SD and you can take pretty much whatever you want there. its called PROJECT2000. They don't check your guns before you go in there and start shooting. And I know for sure they dont have to be registered, they dont ask for any of that sutff.

Nick

The ranges I've been to never check paperwork. They sometimes check your ammo though.

G (man that take on a whole new meaning now), you shouldn't have any problems at a range. When you transport, keep the gun in a locked case out of the passenger compartment of the vehicle, ie the trunk. The case can be omething as simple as a small duffle bag with a small padlock locking the zippers together. If you're driving the XJ keep it in the back. Keep the ammo separate from the gun, no loaded magazines.

Don't forget eyes and ears.

You don't know what you're getting yourself into, guns are as bad as XJ's and M416 trailers.

karstic said:
G (man ...

That's a good one.

It does seem like G man is slightly at a firepower disadvantage to the Remster though, and we won't even talk about that scary figure, the Sintax. :D

--ron

99GreenMachine said:
I have been to one down here in SD and you can take pretty much whatever you want there. its called PROJECT2000. They don't check your guns before you go in there and start shooting. And I know for sure they dont have to be registered, they dont ask for any of that sutff.

Nick

Is that the one just outside ramona owned by the park service?

I have had guns that would be considered unregistered.

Some of us "older people" might have guns that were purchased before private transfers were restricted, inherited guns or the like...

Of course I have no such items now! :kissyou:

bburge

ruggedjeep said:
Why do you even have an unregistered gun? Thats a mess i wouldnt wanna be involved in.
because the government doesnt need to know everything, because if they did then they could come and take them away when hillery gets elected!! ( besides every gun i own was stolen two weeks ago on _____/_____/________ place random date here but i never got the opportunity to report it ) and the few that i have that arnt registered were willed to my father from his father and from his grandfather ( i.e. circa 1800's revolvers ect... )the government knows too much about us law abiding citizens any way, they need to focus on the criminals and themselves more and leave us alone!! :lecture:

Up here, none of the ranges I've been to check paperwork. They didn't in Ohio either.

The local indoor range will not loan you a gun unless you bring a partner, or your own gun. Has nothing to do with paperwork, but an interesting rule...

I need to buy another gun... I miss the old SIG P226...

Capt. Nemo said:
Up here, none of the ranges I've been to check paperwork. They didn't in Ohio either.

The local indoor range will not loan you a gun unless you bring a partner, or your own gun. Has nothing to do with paperwork, but an interesting rule...

I need to buy another gun... I miss the old SIG P226...

The genesis of that rule was before National Shooting Club sold out to Jim Reed. Someone went in solo, rented a sidearm, and shot himself in the head. So, all the area ranges (Targetmasters does this as well,) are on board with this. The idea being that, if you want to commit suicide, they won't provide you with a tool. Having a buddy is having someone who can stop you (or at least, won't want to go down as an accessory,) and if you have your own sidearm, you'd shoot yourself without having to go rent one.

Not a bad idea, in theory.

American Shooting center has the same rule.

Back