• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

First time in the sand.

ibjeepin821

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got her to the beach in delaware and it was lots of fun even though it was a little cold. Sorry for the poser shots but theres not too much wheelin on the beach.
Enjoy!

Jeepbeachfox012.jpg

Jeepbeachfox008.jpg

Jeepbeachfox013.jpg

Jeepbeachfox017-1.jpg

Jeepbeachfox009.jpg

Jeepbeachfox005.jpg

Ferry ride to Cape May....
Jeepbeachfox028.jpg

yeah it's Jersey. we went from delaware to cape may (good places to eat) and then cut over back home to philly. How was Basic for the Coast Guard? I did Parris Island for the Marines. the front end swap was free. I bought the jeep wrecked and the kid who sold it to me had the front end in his garage from another jeep he had wrecked.

hello fellow west chester jeep looks like a cool trip, what town were you fishing in?

Nice pix 821!

I often get on the beach to fish or just hang for the day. My haunt is Carolina Beach, NC.

A week later I'm still hosing sand out from the undercarriage...that stuff is a killer!

It's nice to see another fellow wheeler in WC!!! whats your rig look like and I will be on the look for you! I started fishing right at indian river inlet then we worked the whole beach up to cape henlopen. then took the ferry to cape may for some dinner (it was the girls birthday) she loves driving on the beach and she loves the beach so I lucked out too. anyway I love the beaches in North Carolina..I pretty much grew up on OBX. this jeep hasnt been down there yet because I have only had it less then a year. one thing I have noticed is the sand is much deeper down there then up here. I will be sure to get down there this summer. thanks for the comments!!

ibjeepin821 said:
It's nice to see another fellow wheeler in WC!!! whats your rig look like and I will be on the look for you! I started fishing right at indian river inlet then we worked the whole beach up to cape henlopen. then took the ferry to cape may for some dinner (it was the girls birthday) she loves driving on the beach and she loves the beach so I lucked out too. anyway I love the beaches in North Carolina..I pretty much grew up on OBX. this jeep hasnt been down there yet because I have only had it less then a year. one thing I have noticed is the sand is much deeper down there then up here. I will be sure to get down there this summer. thanks for the comments!!

ok so you can drive on the beach in delaware at henlopen? thats pretty cool i am just used to jersey and you cant drive on the beach except for like a month. If you are going to NAC fest i will be there, my jeep looks like this
http://www.iozzidesigns.com/Paragon/rausch creek/rausch creek/picture flex.jpg
Chris

MrShaft696 said:
ok so you can drive on the beach in delaware at henlopen? thats pretty cool i am just used to jersey and you cant drive on the beach except for like a month. If you are going to NAC fest i will be there, my jeep looks like this
http://www.iozzidesigns.com/Paragon/rausch creek/rausch creek/picture flex.jpg
Chris

You can drive on delaware beaches but there is a yearly fee of $130 and you must be fishing while hanging out on the beach. I am a big fisherman so im all about it. it is a little bit of money but it is def worth it. so nice being about to just drive out to the beach instead of luggin all my crap around on foot.

yeah, beach driving is only to get to and from your fishing spot... gotta have the permit (65 for DE residents, $130 for non-residents) and must have fishing gear plus a shovel, board and jack for recovery in your vehicle.

pretty cool, though... a lot of my club has the permits and we get together on the various beaches.

whatevah said:
yeah, beach driving is only to get to and from your fishing spot... gotta have the permit (65 for DE residents, $130 for non-residents) and must have fishing gear plus a shovel, board and jack for recovery in your vehicle.

pretty cool, though... a lot of my club has the permits and we get together on the various beaches.

Yeah I was down there last weekend and I ran into a guy who had a black liberty (not that you know him) and he mentioned alot of the delaware clubs meet on the beach. How often do you all fish down there? wouldnt be suprised if I ran into you guys down there.

was it Woody? There's a guy in my club with a lifted KJ. Not a huge lift, but big for a KJ.

We're pretty spread out all across the state, but there are usually a few guys fishing every weekend. The hard part is finding them, there always on different beaches. :)

I didnt catch his name. he gave me a card for del jeep association and said to try to catch up with them at some point. he had a wife and two kids jeep. yeah the lift was nice for the liberty. he had rubi wheels on it. he mentioned he had another jeep. forget if it was a wrangler of a cherokee...anyway I will surely be around!!

Back