• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new tranny mount question

fuzzydog

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the tranny mount without removing the crossmember? My crossmember is part of the long arm system and will be a pita to remove....

sure, but you'd have to go at it from the top, take your tranny out through the cab.....would require a lot cutting.

Haha.....

I'm just saying it looks like you could jack up the tranny/tcase up against the body after you take the mount nuts/bolts off but wondering if anyone has actually done it...

fuzzydog said:
Yes, yes you can and it takes....about an hour...

I just did it.

I coulda told you that! That crossmember drops it 1" and gives you even more room. Not that there's too little room to begin with. You can raise the drivetran in one of these things maybe 1.5"-2" as it sits from the factory.

What year is yours. I have a 90 and cant even find a trans mount listed at either the local parts house or the stealership(discontinued part number) so what year and where did you find it?

Mine's a 90 XJ ltd with AW4 auto transmission. Got mine at the dealership - I think it was about $80 Can.

I just went to the parts counter and asked for a tranny mount and they brought it up in the computer with no probs.

Part number on the bag it came in is 1-52002334

Back